Church Cafe – https://www.facebook.com/churchcafesanson/
Reviewed by Karen, January 2018
Church cafe in Sanson is a quaint place with atmosphere and basic, good food. There is lots of cabinet food, vegetarian, gluten-free and a blackboard menu. This no frills cafe has indoor and outdoor seating.
The service was okay.
The Bene was basic with emphasis on the volume rather than the appearance. The sprinkling of parsley and tomato added some much needed colour and oomph to the dish.
- The Benedict – was not the best Bene I’ve ever had but certainly is not the worst.
- The Eggs – were cooked just right.
- The Bacon – was cheap, budget, pressed bacon which never thrills me.
- The Hollandaise – was straight out of the bottle, or looked and tasted it anyway.
- The Bread – was hard to cut through.
Would We Go Again?
It was okay but probably not.
Style: 5/10 – Classic.
Taste: 4/10 – nothing too exciting here.
Originality: 4/10 – nothing original here. It was nice to see the tomato come as part of the dish.
Value: 9/10 – for $15.50 you could hardly complain.
Eggs: 7/10 – were the best part of the dish.
Overall score: 5/10 – not the greatest I’ve had.
38 Dundas Rd, Sanson 4817