Hamills Restaurant – http://www.hamills.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen, December 2017
Sited in the heart of the Remarkables Park Shopping Centre Hamills boasts outstanding views of The Remarkables mountain range and Coronet Peak Ski Field. There is plenty of seating inside and outside this casual pub-style venue where you can sit, relax and soak up the stunning views. They have a lovely dine-in menu, take-away menu, Pizza menu, kids menu, and they also serve vegetarian and gluten-free options (and they are licensed as well). All 3 Bene options come with bread, hollandaise, eggs and fresh spinach. The sides range from $1 to $12.
It was friendly and efficient service.
The plate presentation was nothing special but no complaints either. It had a nice little garnish on the top.
- The Benedict – I do recall really enjoying this dish.
- The Eggs – were runny and cooked just right.
- The Bacon – the quantity of bacon was good..
- The Spinach – came as part of the dish.
- The Hollandaise – there was just the right amount. It did not look or taste homemade.
- The Bread – was not too hard and there was not a lot of it which I like.
Would We Go Again?
Yes. It was pretty good.
Style: 6/10 – Classic.
Taste: 7/10 – the meal was lovely.
Originality: 6/10 – there is nothing overly original about the options although the Florentine does come with salsa.
Value: 7/10 – The Florentine (with salsa) is $16; the Benedict (bacon) is $17; the Montreal (salmon) is !8.50.
Overall score: 7/10
Remarkbles Park Shopping Centre Frankton, Queenstown,