Reviewed by Karen, September 2016
One of Six Cafe Botanixx’s, this particular one is located in the Palmers Garden Centre in Bethlehem, Tauranga. It was a pleasant environment with indoor and outdoor seating. There is a massive blackjack menu complimented with plenty on offer in the cabinets.
The service was prompt and friendly.
The meals were plated with style. The tomato and greenery added flavour and flair.
- The Benedict – I ordered the vegetarian option and added bacon. So I got eggs, bacon, Mushies, baby spinach, Turkish Pide and slow roasted tomato.
- The Eggs – were runny, maybe slightly underdone but not enough to worry about.
- The Bacon – was smokey and delicious with a good quantity.
- The Mushrooms and Tomato – the mushies and tomato were great and I loved the flavour so was worth the extra cost.
- The Spinach – was plentiful and cooked nicely.
- The Hollandaise – was good but pretty sure it was not homemade.
- The Bread – Loved the Turkish Side rather than an english muffin. It was light and crisp.
Would We Go Again?
Yes we would.
Style: 8/10 – Vegetarian with bacon.
Taste: 8/10 – Very tasty meal.
Originality: 9/10 – Comes with Turkish Side and Vege comes with field mushrooms, slow roasted vine tomatoes and spinach.
Value: 7/10 – $20 for the Montreal; $18 for the Benedict or Vegetarian
Overall score: 7/10
Corner of Bethlehem Road and State Highway 23001 Tauranga