Slowfish Beachfront Cafe https://www.zomato.com/tauranga/slowfish-beachfront-cafe-mt-maunganui
Reviewed by Karen, August 2016
This place is bustling, busy place with a great vibe. They have indoor and outdoor dining and this cafe is in a prime location on the waterfront. We chose outdoor eating on a gorgeous spring day. There is a huge menu to choose from ranging from a great kids menu and traditional breakfast fare to a big fish breakfasts as an example.
The friendly staff even let my lunch buddy order from the lunch menu even though they will still serving breakfast and brunch and we were technically too early for lunch. Top marks for that.
Plate was full and presented with a look of plenty of food which went down very easily. There was plenty of green on the plate.
- The Benedict – Overall I had no complaints.
- The Eggs – were lovely and runny.
- The Bacon – was well cooked and flavoursome. I had a choices of bacon or ham.
- The Spinach – loved that this automatically came with the dish (it does with the Montreal as well).
- The Hollandaise – was tasty and also included mustard seeds to spice it up. Very simple yet clever touch to really jazz the sauce up.
- The Bread – had a good crunch.
Would We Go Again?
We certainly would.
Style: 7/10 – Classic.
Taste: 8/10 – very yummy.
Originality: 7/10 – You can choose between bacon or ham or salmon and there is also a vegetarian option.
Value: 7/10 – pretty reasonably priced considering the spinach is not an extra/side. Montreal is $19.50 and Benedict or Veg options are $18.50. The sides range from $4 to $6 which is pretty standard pricing.
Overall score: 7/10
2 Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga