Savour at DeBretts http://www.taupodebretts.co.nz/restaurants/savour-cafe-and-shop
Reviewed by Karen, September 2016
This tiny functional cafe was spot on. They are open for breakfast and lunch. There is cabinet food available as well as some crummy blackboard options on the menu.
Overall the service was quick and friendly.
We were here for two days, and because breakfast came as part of our accomodation package we indulged on both days. The breakfast plate design came out slightly different both times which I liked.
- The Benedict – was good and we couldn’t go wrong considering this was part of our accomodation package.
- The Eggs – were slightly overdone one day and slightly underdone the next but still had good runny yolks.
- The Bacon – was smokey and delicious and cooked just to my liking, a bit of crunch but not overcooked.
- The Salmon – Copy or type some text here. Add or delete lines as necessary.
- The Hashbrown – Copy or type some text here. Add or delete lines as necessary.
- The Spinach – came with the meal and the green garnish balanced the dish.
- The Hollandaise – I appreciated just the right amount of hollandaise without drowning the plate, however not sure it was homemade.
- The English Muffin – was thick and cooked to a good temperature and crunch.
Would We Go Again?
Yes we would.
Style: 5/10 – Classic.
Taste: 7/10 – was a lovely breakfast both days.
Originality: 6/10 – pretty standard offerings.
Value: 8/10 – The price was $16 but it came as part of our bed and breakfast deal (accomodation we had paid for to stay at the campground at DeBretts).
Overall score: 7.5/10
76 SH 5, Hilltop, Taupo 3379