Hollywood Bakery and Cafe – http://hollywoodbakery.co.nz/orewa-branch/
Reviewed by Karen, June 2016
Hollywood Bakery and Cafe is a franchise so as we know not all franchises are created equal. I will not judge all Hollywood cafes by the experience but would give an approving tick to Orewa. The cafe is a small wee place with a blackboard menu to choose from as well as cabinet food with what appears to be a clear focus on an older clientele.
The service was friendly, efficient and quick.
Do not be put off by the simplicity or simple plating of this food as for the price this cannot be beaten and really cannot complain about the flavour either……and even more……this meal came with a free muffin too because I ordered a coffee (and the muffin was nice too).
- The Benedict – A solid good value for money, simple, no frills eggs bene.
- The Eggs – were done perfect.
- The Bacon – was crunchy cooked but not overdone with a good quantity.
- The Hashbrown – Copy or type some text here. Add or delete lines as necessary.
- The Spinach – came as part of the dish which was welcomed!
- The Hollandaise – although the hollandaise was not homemade I found that there was possibly a smidge too much but the flavour was good.
- The Bread – warm toasty ciabatta added a good crunch to the dish.
Would We Go Again?
I would definitely be back to this Orewa store.
Style: 5/10 – Simple and classic
Taste: 6/10 – Couldn’t complain about the flavour.
Originality: 5/10 – simple, no frills dish.
Value: 10/10 – Usually $12.90 but amazingly $8.50 before 11.30am so simply a bargain! Really good value all around.
Eggs: 7/10 – they were cooked perfectly.
Overall score: 6/10
Shop 7, 4 Hillary SquareOrewa Town Centre