Hollywood Bakery Express – http://hollywoodbakery.co.nz/
Reviewed by: FiFi, May 2016
The Queen Street cafe is one of over 40 franchise cafes. There is an amazing amount of fresh cabinet food and a small blackboard menu. The food is fast and cheap, simple, yet fresh, plain and delicious. If you are in a rush and need a quick bite to eat then this is the place for you. For the prices I did not expect anything elaborate and the Montreal I ordered was, well, what I paid for. There is seating inside and a couple of tables outside. The music drowned out any peace and quiet so I was glad that I dined alone this day. Like I said, it is fast, cheap and simple.
The service was okay. The cheap prices and plain, good food and convenience to the office is what brings me to this teeny wee cafe, not the staff or the service.
The food was placed on a plate, not plated up to look pretty.
- The Montreal – was plain, and well boring.
- The Eggs – were warm, but overdone.
- The Hashbrown – was okay, but at $1.30 I really cannot complain.
- The Salmon – was cold and cooled down the rest of the dish quite fast.
- The Hollandaise – straight from the bottle, but what did I expect really for the overall price of the meal?
- The Muffins – soggy and boring.
Would We Go Again?
Not for the Montreal, but if I need a quick sammie then absolutely.
Style: 5/10 – classic.
Taste: 4/10 – The meal was okay.
Originality: 4/10 – Pretty standard menu options.
Value: 8/10 – The Benedict (bacon) is $13.80 and the Montreal is $14.80 and the side of one hash brown was $1.30.
Overall score: 5/10
414/436 Queen St, Auckland, 1010