Silverspoon Restaurant – http://silverspoon.net.nz/
Reviewed by Fi Fi, April 2016
There is plenty of seating inside and outside. They offer Vegetarian / Paleo / Vegan and gluten free. You can order salad, steak, fresh fish, brunch and breakfast options, the food looked fresh. We went on a Saturday around lunch time, and lucky for us the place was practically empty which resulted in our food coming out fast.
The service was prompt and the staff were very friendly.
The food was plated up nicely and looked inviting.
- The Benedict and Montreal – Both were pretty average.
- The Eggs – were runny and warm.
- The Bacon – the portion size was just right.
- The Salmon – was okay.
- The Hash browns – because they were placed in between the bacon and eggs they came out soggy. The menu states that these are homemade, I beg to differ.
- The hollandaise – was fairly yummy and creamy and it looked and tasted homemade.
- The bread – the ciabatta was crunchy and tasted good.
Would we go again?
No, we would rather continue the quest to find great eggs to spam.
Style: Classic 6/10.
Taste: 6/10. The meal was average.
Originality: 4/10 – They only have the Benedict (bacon) option. I ordered the Hash Stack, which was exactly the same except there were hash browns between the bacon and bread
Value: 7/10. $16 for the Benedict and the Hash Stack. There were no Montreal (salmon) or Florentine (spinach) options on the menu.
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10.
Overall score: 6/10
Location: 7 Kiln Street, Silverstream, Upper Hutt