Milky Whey Cafe – ttps://www.facebook.com/MilkyWheyCafe/info?tab=overview
Reviewed by Karen – December 2015
Last time we ate at this cafe they did not have Eggs Benedict as an option on the menu so we were pleased to see that it had been added. There is seating indoor and outdoors, and overall it is a cosy little cafe. There is a lot of counter found that looks fresh and homemade.
We arrived at ‘rush hour’ in Foxton so waited about 30 minutes while one staff member cooked our meals and served the lunch rush (approximately eight other people). The other staff member had to rush to the supermarket to replenish supplies. Despite this wait there are no complaints on the customer service,
Nothing special about the plating of this meal, was basic well presented food..
- The Benedict – This was a very low key home cooked style Bene, with bacon as the only option. The food was still pretty yummy and very reasonably priced.
- The eggs – pretty sure they were free range. They had a delicious flavour and were cooked perfectly and runny.
- The bacon – good quantity of bacon.
- The Hash – was lovely and crunchy.
- The hollandaise – pretty sure it was not homemade, and just a splash so it did not drown the meal.
- The bread – nicely cooked bread.
Would we go again?
We’d be back but maybe not at lunchtime.
Style: Classic 5/10.
Taste: 7/10. The meal was great.
Originality: 4/10 – Bacon was the only option. You could not order a side of spinach, although you could order sides of Hash browns.
Value: 9/10. $14 is pretty cheap. is pretty pricy, it did come with spinach, but still pretty pricy for the amount of food you get.
Eggs: (how good they were): 8/10.
Overall score: 6.5/10
72 Main Road, Foxton.