Reviewed by Fi Fi – December2015
Most of the seating for this cafe is outdoors, undercover. The smells permeating from this cafe entice you from afar. The menu offers variety from freshly made pizzas, pasta, risottos, pancakes, fish, Lamb burgers, pulled pork, salads etc. The place has a humming vibe that matches the food. The place is a little gem that I’m glad I came across. It just oozes charm.
The staff were friendly and the service was fast.
The food was plated up perfectly. The sprouts and balsamic reduction added a colour and dimension to the dish.
- The Montreal – was simply divine. The meal was hot, the hash was crispy and hot, the eggs were runny and warm. I can not fault this dish.
- The eggs – free-range, runny and warm.
- The salmon – thick, chunky salmon steak, YUM!
- The spinach – wilted to perfection.
- The hollandaise – this homemade sauce was simply mouth-watering!
- The muffins – were okay, nothing special.
- The Hash Browns – for $4 extra I was served three hot and crunchy hash browns. I could only manage two, good price for 3.
Would we go again?
Yes, this was a great place to dine. The food was reasonably priced, and it tasted delicious.
Style: Classic 6/10.
Taste: 8/10. The meal was great.
Originality: 7/10 – Their bene automatically comes with spinach. There were bacon, salmon or mushroom options to chose from.
Value: 7/10. All options came with Spinach. The Benedict with bacon is $16.90, the Montreal with salmon is $18 and the Vegetarian option with Portobello mushrooms is $16.90.
Eggs: (how good they were): 9/10.
Overall score: 8/10
Location: 56-58 High Street, Auckland