Reviewed by Fi Fi – June 2015
This little gem is only a hop, skip and jump from Queensgate mall. They have a massive stand of the latest magazines to suit every type of reading from trashy fashion magazines to home and garden. There is an amazing kids playing area and they even have a school lunch menu! There is a catering menu, cafe menu, catering menu and a huge variety of counter food. There is everything from gluten free, to vegetarian, you name it they have it! There is ample seating inside and a few tables outside. This cafe is spacious, welcoming and cosy.
The staff were simply amazing. The service was prompt and friendly.
The food was plated up nicely and looked inviting.
- The Benedict and Montreal – Both looked scrummy. A tiny bit of parsley added some colour and a bit of flavour to the dish.
- The eggs – free-range, runny and warm.
- The bacon – was crisp and just the right amount.
- The salmon – was thick, chunky salmon steak, YUM!
- The spinach – was cooked to perfection, not soggy!
- The hollandaise – homemade, with a soft hint of lemon.
- The muffins – were good, crisp and tasty.
Would we go again?
Yes we would, the food, atmosphere and service was spot on.
Style: Classic 6/10.
Taste: 7/10. The meal was great.
Originality: 5/10 – Their bene automatically comes with spinach.
Value: 5/10. $18.50 is pretty pricy, it did come with spinach, but still pretty pricy for the amount of food you get.
Eggs: (how good they were): 7/10.
Overall score: 7/10
28 Cornwall Street, Lower Hutt