Rendezvous Restaurant – http://www.rendezvous.kiwi.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – March 2015
When you dine here you can check out the beautiful views of the Manawatu ranges. There is loads of seating inside or you can dine outside as well. You can pop in for a quick coffee and cake, or there is a separate kid’s menu, gluten free options and vegetarian options. They offer European and Mediterranean cuisine as well as delicious gourmet type dishes such as a savoury pancake…..or perhaps a venison burger or a salad. You really are spoilt for choice here. It’s located about 10 minutes from the centre of Palmerston North in the Summer Hill Shopping Centre. And to top it off the coffee was good. It is worth mentioning that this was a very child friendly environment with the children’s menu, toy boxes and colouring in.
The service was speedy and friendly, although in saying this, at the time we were the only ones dining so we would have been worried if the service was slow.
The dishes were plated up to look appealing. One of our party ordered hollandaise on the side and it looked cute in the little spoon, however this minimised the portion size.
- The Benedict – Overall, very pleasant.
- The Montreal – the thick chunk of salmon was appreciated by our Montreal fan.
- The Muffins – they were okay, standard.
- The eggs – were runny and good, but one was slightly watery.
- The bacon – good quantity of bacon.
- The salmon – good quantity of salmon. It was actually a thick chunk of it!
- The Spinach – was okay and I liked the way it came out as part of the dish.
- The hollandaise – this was homemade with zesty lime. Although if it comes out as a side you get substantially less.
Would we go again?
We would, the food was good, the service was great.
Style: Classic 7/10.
Taste: 7.5/10. Our table were happy with the meals with no recommendations for improvement.
Originality: 8/10 – All the options automatically come with a Portobello mushroom, a small serving of baby spinach and tomato which added to the value of the meal.
Value: 8/10. All three options came with Mushroom, spinach and tomato, the Florentine also came with a hash brown. They are all $17 which is pretty good.
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10. One was slightly watery.
Overall score: 7.5/10
194-200 Ruapehu Drive, Aokautere, Palmerston North