Robert Harris – http://www.robertharris.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – February 2015
There is plenty of seating inside this cafe. This cafe looks modern and clean. There is nothing memorable about this cafe.
The service was speedy.
The presentation was very average. There was a tiny sprig of parsley on top of the sauce, but it looked very much like an after thought. The dish lacked ‘inspiration’.
- The Benedict – pretty much everything about the dish was average and nothing to rave about. Nothing wrong, just nothing outstanding.
- The Muffins/Bread – this usually comes with muffins, but I substituted with grainy bread for a change and I liked this alternative.
- The eggs – were cooked okay.
- The bacon – was again, okay.
- The hollandaise – if this is homemade, then it was very bland and lacked zing.
Would we go again?
I would for the omelette (they are great) but not for the Benedict. The Robert Harris in Fielding is a lot better.
Style: Classic 5/10. I like the way it automatically came with hash browns.
Taste: 6/10. The taste was yummy.
Originality: 5/10 – It’s the pretty standard selection of either Salmon, Spinach or Bacon.
Value: 7/10. I forgot to take down the prices, but RH is a franchise and the prices are likely to be similar at each store. Other RH cafes are $17 for the Montreal and $16 for the Benedict or Florentine.
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10. They were runny and warm.
Overall score: 6/10
73 The Square, Palmerston North