The Coffee Club Porirua – http://www.thecoffeeclub.co.nz/
Reviewed by Fi Fi – November 2014
If you are looking for something to eat after a stroll around the mall then this is convenient. There is plenty of seating next to a wee play area for the kids. There is plenty of counter food or some fast cooked meals. If you are a coffee connoisseur then I suggest you try somewhere else as this is not the place for you.
The service was fairly average.
The dish looked amateur. For the price the bene was very, very disappointing, it looked colourless and boring, not at all appealing!
- The Benedict – was just so disappointing. It was so bland and tasteless that it is unforgettable.
- The bread – was doughy, bland and tasteless.
- The eggs – were overcooked and cold.
- The bacon – the bacon looked budget and tasted budget.
- The hollandaise – straight out of the bottle.
Would we go again?
No I would not. Not for the overpriced bene or for the coffee.
Style: Classic 2/10.
Taste: 1/10. The taste was bland, budget and disappointing.
Originality: 1/10 – it just looked boring and pale.
Value: 2/10. We think it was $16. We actually forgot to write the price down. All we remember is that we felt ripped off afterwards!
Eggs: (how good they were): 2/10. Overdone and cold.
Overall score: 2/10
Kiosk 6, North City Shopping Centre, Porirua