Lido Cafe – http://www.thelido.co.nz/
Reviewed by Fi Fi – August 2014
You can sit inside or outside and there is plenty of room. The menu is varied from chips to a Zucchini salad or build your own brekkie. The coffee is great or if you need a vino then you can order just about anything you need. The Lido even offers live music….check out their website for the latest gigs.
The service was fast and friendly. It always is here no matter which shift of staff are on.
The dish was nicely presented but it almost felt like it lacked something, perhaps a dash of colour.
- The Montreal – was kind of average.
- The Bread – was a bap and it was okay.
- The Rosti – the rosti is gluten free, crunchy and filling.
- The eggs – slightly overdone for my liking. I prefer an egg that you can prod with your fork and it runs everywhere.
- The Salmon – was okay. Although there was not a lot of it and it was straight out of the packet.
- The hollandaise – I believe is homemade. If so then it was okay, but did not dazzle me.
Would we go again?
Yes, but I would likely order one of the mouth watering burgers or salads.
Style: Classic 5/10. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Taste: 5/10. The taste was average.
Originality: 5/10 – Nothing special here.
Value: 6/10. It’s pretty reasonable here. The Benedict, Montreal and Florentine are all $16.50.
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10. They were slightly overdone.
Overall score: 6/10
CNR Victoria & Wakefield Sreets, Te Aro, Wellington