Victoria Street Cafe – http://www.victoria-st-cafe.co.nz/
Reviewed by Fi Fi – February 2014
This is a nice place to eat. I wouldn’t say it has a funky vibe, but it is a pleasant place to go. The coffee is quite nice as well. You can choose where you site, either inside or there are a few tables outside. You order first at the counter. There is counter food or quite a big range on the menu.
The service is pretty good. The staff behind the counter and waiting staff are fairly friendly.
The Benedict looked okay, it just looked very small. Again, suggest they swap from muffins to bread to make the dish look more value for money. The sprig of parsley was a nice touch.
- The Benedict – was okay but nothing to write home about
- The eggs – were slightly overcooked. They were tasty though and you could tell they were free range.
- The english muffins – were average. I would recommend that they give you a choice or just change and let you order your Benedict on sour dough bread like the with scrambled eggs.
- The bacon – was nice and good quality, just not much of it.
- The hollandaise – is pretty average. If it’s homemade it’s very forgettable.
Would we go again?
I would, but I would not order the Benedict again.
Style: Classic 5/10
Value: 6/10. The Benedict, Montreal and Florentine are all priced at $17 each. They are just very small portions.
Eggs: (how good they were): 5/10
Overall score: 5/10
98 Victoria Street, Te Aro, Wellington