Pescado Cafe and Tapas Bar – https://www.pescado.co.nz/
Reviewed by FiFi, July 2016
There was plenty of seating indoors and outdoors. You could chose from the cabinet or order off the scrumptious menu that includes vegetarian and gluten-free options. There was soft music playing in the background. You had three bene options of Benedict (bacon), Montreal (salmon) or smoked chicken which I hadn’t seen as an option before.
The wait staff were really friendly and the food came out at lightening speed.
The dish was complimented by the sprinkle of parsley and touch of olive oil on the plate.
- The Montreal – overall the quantity and taste were great.
- The Eggs – were cooked perfectly. They were both runny and warm.
- The Salmon – had the smoky, slightly salty taste that I enjoy and there was just the right amount.
- The Hashbrown – was lovely and hot.
- The Hollandaise – was homemade with a tinge of a tang.
- The Bread – was toasted perfectly and had a lovely crunch to it.
Would We Go Again?
I would go again just to try the smoked chicken bene option.
Style: 6/10 – Classic.
Taste: 6/10 – the flavour combination was just right. the hollandaise was the star of the dish.
Originality: 7/10 – just a classic bene, however the option of the smoked chicken sounds delicious.
Value: 6/10 – all three options were $18.50
Eggs: 8/10 – were great.
Overall score: 6/10
North Wharf, Jellicoe Street, Auckland Central, 1010