Coffee on the Terrace – https://www.facebook.com/CoffeeOnTheTerrace/
Reviewed by Karen, June 2016
There is mainly indoor seating with a few tables outside. There is a vast array of cabinet food as well as a blackboard menu. The food is plain, basic but hearty. They offer catering for your morning teas, or gift options such as Christmas cakes and baking.
The service was pretty average.
The Plating was pretty average.
- The Benedict – other than the eggs overdone there are no real complaints about this dish, it just wasn’t spectacular.
- The Eggs – were hard when they arrived which is always disappointing when it comes to an eggs Bene (love those runny eggs).
- The Bacon – was nice.
- The Spinach – came with the dish. Nothing memorable.
- The Hollandaise – straight out of the bottle.
- The Muffins – were okay but a bit chewy.
Would We Go Again?
Can’t complain about the price, and the coffee was free so can’t complain about that. Would I go back? Unlikely!
Style: 6/10 – Classic
Taste: 7/10 – The meal was great
Originality: 5/10 – Their bene automatically comes with spinach
Value: 9/10 – $16.50 included the spinach and the coffee was free
Overall score: 5/10
361 Broadway Ave, Roslyn, Papaioea, Palmerston North 4414