1841 Bar-Restaurant – /http://www.1841.co.nz/
Reviewed by Fi Fi – January 2016
1841 has a varied menu ranging for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. There is a kids menu and activities as well as gluten-free and vegetarian options. There is a huge indoor dining area including booths as well as plenty of outdoor seating.
The staff are very friendly and the service was quick.
The presentation was pretty average. The sprinkling of parsley was too light, therefore not really adding to the aesthetics of the dish.
- The Benedict and Montreal – they both tasted great and we gobbled them down like our lives depended on them.
- The Eggs – were warm and runny.
- The Bacon – was crisp and just the right amount.
- The Salmon – was tasty. I did feel that there could have been more, but considering the price of the dish, I can’t really moan.
- The Hash browns – were hot and crunchy.
- The Sausages – were hot and tasty.
- The Hollandaise – pretty sure this was straight out of the bottle.
- The Muffins – were tasty and crunchy.
Would we go again?
Yes, the food was hot, the service was fast and friendly
Style: Classic 6/10.
Taste: 6/10. The meal was great.
Originality: 5/10 – All options come with eggs, muffins, hollandaise and hash browns. The Benedict (bacon) is $15.90, the Montreal (salmon) is $17.90 and the Florentine (spinach) is $14.90.
Value: 7/10. $17.90 with hash browns is pretty standard.
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10.
Overall score: 6/10
Location: 1 Disraeli St, Johnsonville, Wellington