Ripe Eatery – http://ripeeatery.com/
Reviewed by Fi Fi – October 2015
Gosh, where do I start? This place caters for every palette imaginable. They do breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. They have coffee, shakes, craft beers and wine……and you can even order NZ wine! There are salads, paninis, burgers, pizzas, pasta, brown bag lunches, you name it, they have it. This place is huge with indoor and outdoor dining. They have specials each day, live music, wine evenings, everything you can possibly think of, they already have.
The staff were simply fantastic. Our meals came out really quickly (allowing enough time for us to enjoy a vino or two beforehand).
The food tasted great, the presentation could have been better though.
- Huevos Rancheros – Benny Bacon, chipotle & tomatillo sauces, black beans, soft poached eggs, chorizo hollandaise, potatoes. This was delicious. The bacon was great, the serving was plentiful.
- Brisket Ranchero – Chipotle rubbed brisket, tomatillo sauce, soft poached eggs, hollandaise, black beans, potatoes. The brisket was good, lots of it (could have been a wee bit more flavoursome), but overall very delicious.
- Salmon Benny – Hickory smoked salmon, spinach, swiss, green onions, soft poached eggs, hollandaise, black beans, potatoes. This was simply divine and I would order this again. Everything about the dish delighted my tastebuds.
- Traditional Benny – Smoked ham, soft poached eggs, hollandaise, black beans, potatoes. Plenty of ham, just yummy.
- The eggs – were warm and runny.
- The bacon – was tasty and the serving was generous.
- The salmon – smoked, crumbly and tasty.
- The brisket – there was lots, it lacked full flavour.
- The ham – was tasty, slightly salty, but yummy.
- The hollandaise – mmmmm, mmmm, homemade, creamy and zesty.
- The muffins – were english muffins, pretty tasty.
- The beans – there was a huge amount of beans in each serving, slightly too many and most of us did not finish them.
- The potatoes – were hot and tasty.
Would we go again?
Yes without a doubt. The options for benes were awesome as well as the rest of the menu that catered for every dietary desire.
Style: Mexican styled 9/10.
Taste: 9/10: The meal was great.
Originality: 9/10 – Oh there are lots of options…..see below. I have converted to $NZ. These benes definitely had a Mexican theme (but considering we were dining in El Paso, this was no surprise).
all come with crispy breakfast taters & black beans | sub fruit salad $1.45 Huevos Rancheros Benny
Bacon, chipotle & tomatillo sauces, black beans, soft poached eggs, our chorizo hollandaise. $16.75
Smoked ham, soft poached eggs, our hollandaise. $14.55 Caprese Benny
Fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, basil pesto, soft poached eggs, our hollandaise. $16.75
Salmon Benny –
Hickory smoked salmon, spinach, swiss, green onions, soft poached eggs, our hollandaise. $16.75
Chipotle rubbed brisket, tomatillo sauce, soft poached eggs, our hollandaise. $16.75.
Value: 10/10. All the Benes come with Potatoes, muffins, hollandaise and black beans. The cheapest one (Caprese) was $14.55 and the rest were $16.75. The sides ranged from $2.25 to $5.90.
Eggs: (how good they were): 7/10.
Overall score: 9/10
Location: 910 E. Redd Road, Suite A, El Paso, Texas