The Bach Cafe – http://www.thebachcafe.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – September 2015
Want to dine somewhere with a sweeping view of the ocean? Then look no further. You can dine inside or outside and enjoy the smell of the fresh sea air. You can chose from mouth watering cabinet food or order something from the extensive menu or go gluten free or vegetarian. They also do catering and functions.
The service was great.
The dish was plated up beautifully and looked inviting.
- The Benedict – top marks for this bene for sure.
- The eggs – were perfect, warm and runny.
- The bacon – was smokey, mmmmm.
- The spinach – there was a small portion of spinach and it was good.
- The hollandaise – homemade, not drowning in it, just enough.
- The potato rosti – homemade, absolutely perfect crunch and flavour. It made the dish, top marks!
Would we go again?
Yes, I really enjoyed this bene.
Style: Rosti variation 8/10.
Taste: 8/10. Yum!
Originality: 8/10 – the dish came with a homemade potato rosti instead of bread or muffins and perfected the dish!
Value: 8/10. The Benedict (either ham or bacon), the Florentine (with spinach) and the Montreal (salmon) are all $16.50. This is great value! Sides range from $3 to $5 which is reasonable.
Eggs: (how good they were): 8/10.
Overall score: 8/10
Location: 410 The Esplanade, Island Bay, Wellington.