Double Shotz Cafe – http://www.doubleshotzcafe.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – March 2015
This cafe is hidden on Broadway and is a bit of a treasure. There are just so many cabinet options to chose from, the options are endless and delicious! You can order pasta, burgers, curries, or loads of breakfast dishes. There is even a kiddies menu which is great for the little ones. There are daily specials, gluten free, vegetarian or even high tea! The seating is aimed for inside, although there are a few wee tables and chairs outside.
Our meal was served promptly, politely and with a smile.
The food was plated up nicely and looked inviting.
- The Benedict – Nothing spectacular, just well prepared, fast and good service, and the taste was good.
- The eggs – organic, free-range, runny and warm.
- The bacon – free-range, tasty and good quantity.
- The Spinach – well it was actually rocket lettuce, and it added colour and freshness to the dish.
- The hollandaise – was homemade, and an adequate amount of it. The dish was not drowning.
- The muffins – were okay.
Would we go again?
We would go back again and would also try other menu food and the cabinet items as well.
Style: Classic 6/10.
Taste: 7/10. The meal was good, nothing special but hot and tasty.
Originality: 7/10 – Their bene comes with tomato and spinach. Additionally they have an ‘Eggs California’ option which substitutes the bacon with garlic mushrooms and avocado!
Value: 8/10. $17.80 included the tomato and spinach which made my meal very reasonable. The sides are $3 which is probably the cheapest sides to date. Although not specifically listed this cafe does have ‘salmon’ dishes so I imagine that they would substitute the bacon for salmon.
Eggs: (how good they were): 8/10.
Overall score: 7.5/10
138 The Square, Palmerston North.