Viv’s Kitchen – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vivs-Kitchen/541379442588223
Reviewed by Karen – November 2014
The seating is aimed to be inside, however there are a few chairs outside. There is quite a selection on the blackboard menu and lots of counter food to chose from. If you are hungry then this is the place to go. These are homemade, hearty meals. It was a pleasant, unexpected find. This is what I would call a low key eatery that offers a good range of food.
The service was friendly and speedy.
This was not necessarily plated in the most artistic fashion, but don’t let that deter you if you want your basic eggs bene like Mum would cook with a salad on the side.
- The Benedict – the generous serving of salad was a nice touch and there was plenty of food that tasted great.
- The Muffins – were cooked perfectly.
- The eggs – were not the most attractive but were cooked perfectly.
- The Salad– what a unique and quaint touch to a bene. It was fresh and tasty.
- The bacon – it tasted home cured, and lashings of it…..mmmmm.
- The hollandaise – straight out of the bottle, but for the overall price of the bene you can hardly complain.
Would we go again?
Yes, it was value for money. Make sure you are super hungry before you come here.
Style: Classic 5/10.
Taste: 6/10. The taste was yummy.
Originality: 6/10 – Nice touch with the salad.
Value: 10/10. Unbelievably, the whole dish was $14!!!!!!!
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10. They were runny and warm.
Overall score: 6/10
57 Dundas Road, Sanson