The Vines Cafe – http://www.thevinescafe.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – August 2014
This is a bit of a hidden gem, right on the main highway. The coffee is good. There is a huge selection of cabinet food from scones to stuffed kumara. This place caters for all taste buds. If you are vegetarian then there are delectable dishes to tantalise your taste buds. They even do in-house function hires or out catering and they are fully licensed.
Super friendly service here.
It was well put together on the plate but nothing overly fancy. The wee sprinkling of chopped parsley added a bit of pizzaz to the dish.
- The Benedict – good. was really great. Have been here a few times and they never fail to please.
- The bread – Ciabatta toast was good.
- The eggs – perfectly good. Runny and Warm and Free Range as a FYI.
- The Spinach – The spinach was yummy.
- The bacon – was perfect.
- The hollandaise – homemade and delicious……and with great pride as they made a point of letting us know.
Would we go again?
Yes, this was a great place to dine and not off the beaten track.
Style: Classic 7/10.
Taste: 7/10. The taste was yummy.
Originality: 5/10 – It’s the pretty standard selection of either Salmon, Bacon, Ham or Salmon.
Value: 7/10. It’s pretty reasonable here. The Benedict (with Ham or Bacon) and the Florentine (with Spinach) is $16 and the Montreal is $18. The sides are ridiculously cheap at $2.50 for all sides!
Eggs: (how good they were): 7/10. They were great!
Overall score: 7.5/10
State Highway 1 and Purcell Street, Foxton