Reviewed by Karen – July 2014
You can sit inside or outside. This gorgeous cafe is smack bang in the middle of the cafe district and just a stone’s throw from all the shops. There is lots of cabinet food or a full on breakfast, brunch or lunch menu. You can have vegetarian or go gluten free. The coffee is always great here and today was no exception.
The service was great and friendly. It always is here.
As you can see the dish was nicely presented, enough to tempt my taste buds.
- The Benedict – good. was really great. Have been here a few times and they never fail to please.
- The Muffins – well cooked, were good as ever.
- The eggs – perfectly good. Runny and Warm and Free Range as a FYI.
- The Spinach – came as part of the dish and not a side. The spinach was yummy.
- The bacon – was great.
- The hollandaise – homemade, thick and creamy without drowning the plate
Would we go again?
Yes, you can always expect to get great service and great food.
Style: Classic 7/10. I like the way it automatically came with spinach.
Taste: 8/10. The taste was yummy.
Originality: 5/10 – It’s the pretty standard selection of either Salmon or Bacon.
Value: 7/10. It’s pretty reasonable here. The Benedict is $17 and the Montreal is $18.
Eggs: (how good they were): 7/10. They were runny and warm.
Overall score: 7.5/10
8 George Street, Palmerston North