Moxie’s Cafe – http://www.moxies.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – June 2014
This funky, modern cafe offers a relaxed atmosphere in the heart of the city. Just a hop, skip and jump from the square, what a primo spot to brunch. The menu caters for dairy free, gluten free and there is also vegetarian options. Plus you can order ‘half serves’ for some of the dishes. Although not a separate kiddie’s menu, this place still caters for your little ones with options such as scrambled eggs or pancakes.
The service was speedy and friendly and we were very happy with this.
The presentation was appealing and automatically served with spinach tickled my fancy. The dish was nicely laid out and it looked appetising.
- The Benedict – was pretty good.
- The bacon – nice quantity of bacon and it was cooked well.
- The Hash Brown – the hash brown was yummy and I really enjoyed it.
- The split muffin – was great.
- The eggs – were runny, but slightly undercooked.
- The hollandaise – was homemade…..but unfortunately it lacked flavour and oomph.
Would we go again?
Yes we would, but perhaps not in a rush, or perhaps to give them another shot.
Style: Classic 6/10
Taste: 6/10. Overall the Bene was pretty average.
Originality: 6/10 – The Bene and Montreal are in fact Benedict/Florentine and Montreal/Florentine because they come with spinach.
Value: 7/10 The Benedict/Florentine is $16.50. The Montreal/Florentine is $19.50. The Hash Brown was $4
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10. They were runny, but slightly underdone.
Overall score: 6/10
67 George Street, Palmerston North