Rosetta Cafe – http://www.zomato.co.nz/restaurants/cafe-rosetta
Reviewed by Fi Fi – June 2014
This is a sweet little cafe under new ownership. The best way I can describe this cute little place is that it feels like home made cooking by your Mum. The food is oozing freshness. There is a great little menu to choose from as well as some cabinet food like fluffy cheese scones. The coffee is rich and aromatic. There is not a separate kid’s menu, however they were willing to do half servings for our wee one. You can sit inside amongst the hub bub of chatter or relax outside in the courtyard. You can smell the sea air from here and it’s a mere 2 minute walk and you are straight on to the beach.
The coffee was made with love. The service was great. We got smiles and a genuine warm welcome. The food came out fairly fast and the waitress was lovely, running off to bring our little one some much loved tomato sauce.
The presentation was simple, but still somewhat appealing. The parsley was a nice touch. The plate seemed oversized for the small quantity of food on offer.
- The Benedict and Montreal – were okay but rather small portions.
- The bacon – was streaky and cooked to perfection, just not much of it.
- The salmon – was yummy. I have say that there was not much of it and it was straight out of the packet so not much prep work here. It was disappointing how little salmon there was on the plate, the egg barely covered the thin layer of it.
- The eggs – were runny, but could have been a bit warmer.
- The Muffin – was toasted, nice, but again, nothing to jump for joy over.
- The Hash Browns – were crunchy and hot.
- The Sausage – they were okay, nothing to write home about.
- The hollandaise – straight out of the bottle, and not enough of it.
Would we go again?
I would for the coffee, but not for the Bene or Montreal.
Style: Classic 5/10.
Taste: 5/10 We enjoyed our meals, although they were pretty plain and simple
Originality: 5/10 – This was a pretty average.
Value: 5/10 The Benedict and Montreal were both $16 which seems quite reasonable except the meals were so small we were hungry again within a couple of hours.
Eggs: (how good they were): 5/10. They were okay
Overall score: 5/10
121 Rosetta Road, Raumati South, Kapiti Coast