Reviewed by Karen – May 2014
You can dine inside or outside. It’s a relaxed cafe atmosphere by day, and intimate dining at night. They have a variety of food to choose from and change their menu to cater for the seasons. There is a kid’s menu, and plenty for vegetarians. The coffee was great. This was a late lunch and the portions were huge. We wondered if we had been given all they had left before the end of the day.
The service was efficient.
Just look at the photos. The presentation was beautiful. This was a piece of art, visually pleasing.
- The Benedict and Montreal – were very yummy.
- The bacon – was delicious and huge quantity of it.
- The salmon – was lovely and lots of it!
- The eggs – were slightly underdone, but still runny and yellow.
- The Muffin – was good.
- The hollandaise – home made and good.
Would we go again?
Yes we would.
Style: Classic 8/10.
Taste: 8/10 We enjoyed our meals.
Originality: 6/10 – The presentation is mouth watering.
Value: 7/10 The Benedict and Montreal were (need to add prices)
Eggs: (how good they were): 6/10. A wee bit undercooked
Overall score: 8/10
218 Broadway, Palmerston North