Flavour Bistro – http://www.flavourbistro.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – April 2014
It’s in the Downtown plaza so a perfect spot if you are off to the movies or ready to do a spot of shopping. They even have Movie Meal Deals. The kids menu is amazing and they offer a lot of variety. They offer entrees, deserts, main meals, a great kids menu as well as Thai, Chinese and European cuisine. There is a lot to choose from.
The service today was not fantastic on this occasion. It’s not the usual standard (have been here lots of times) that I am used to, but it could be attributed to the staff shortage on the day.
The food wasn’t laid out very well on the plate as you can see from the photo. This is unusual from previous visits. it’s usually a lot more attractive than it looked today. The swirls of spring onions on top was a cute touch but overall this dish looked awful really.
- The Benedict – was pretty good
- The bacon – was good and it was plentiful.
- The eggs – one was done to perfection but the other one was slightly overdone.
- The spinach – the spinach was a side order and was $4 which I thought was rather steep. In saying this it tasted okay and there was a good amount of it.
- The hollandaise – was fine, nothing to jump for joy over though.
- The Hash brown – was great.
- The Muffin – was toasted and was okay.
Would we go again?
Have had many eggs Benedict’s from flavour and mostly satisfied. This experience did not conform to my previous experiences. In saying this, yes I would go back. It’s a good spot usually.
Style: Classic 5/10
Originality: 4/10 – Nothing original here. However, and this must be mentioned – you can have this with either ham or bacon. It’s great that they give you this choice, most places don’t.
Value: 6/10 The Benedict (with ham or bacon) and Florentine is $16, and the Montreal is $18, the spinach on the side was $4 extra.
Eggs: (how good they were): 4/10
Overall score: 5/10
Shop 20, Downtown Complex, Main Street, Palmerston North.