Springvale Garden Centre Cafe – http://www.springvalegardencentre.co.nz/springvale_cafe.html
Reviewed by Fi Fi – March 2014
This place is a gem. The surroundings are awesome. It’s literally inside a garden centre so you are surrounded by plants. There is also a children’s playground so bring the whole family. You can either order from the counter food or an amazing menu. And, the pizza menu is simply divine, let alone the salads for the dieting stick insects or health conscience. You can choose your own table either inside or outside. The coffee was great and nice and hot.
The service was nothing short of great. The staff at the counter were very friendly and the waiting staff were full of smiles and genuinely looked like they enjoyed serving you.
The food as you can see from the photos was awesome. We choose the ‘Springvale Benedict’ which substituted english muffins with crunchy potatoes.
- The Benedict and Montreal – were lovely.
- The eggs – were free range and you could taste it. The eggs were nice and warm and runny.
- The bacon – was okay, and there was lots of it.
- The salmon – was plentiful and yummy.
- The potatoes – were good, there were plenty of them, probably not as crunchy as we were hoping.
- The hollandaise – was plentiful and tasty.
Would we go again?
Absolutely, the food was great, the pricing was good and the atmosphere was spot on.
Style: With Potatoes 8/10
Value: 9/10. For $16 you can order the Benedict/Florentine (bacon and spinach) or Benedict/Mushies or the Montreal/Florentine or the Avocado/Peppers/Florentine….or the ‘Springvale’ which replaces the muffin with crunchy potatoes.
Eggs: (how good they were): 8/10. Free range and they tasted it!
Overall score: 9/10
18 Devon Road, Springvale, Whanganui