Reviewed by FiFi, April 2019
There is an abundance of indoor seating and a wee bit outdoors as well. The place is sectioned off to allow causal dining to very formal during the day and rather intimate, formal dining at night. We booked ahead and got some lovely seating in the back. There is a huge selection of cabinet food to chose from, vegetarian, Vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free and a large blackboard menu. There was only one Bene option to chose from and that was the reliable, much loved. Benedict (bacon).Unfortunately I never noted down the prices for sides and cannot find the breakfast menu online. The atmosphere is vibrant and busy.
We had our own waiter which seemed extra special. Our coffees came out swiftly followed by our meals. You could not fault the service here.
The plating was top notch. The food was perfectly centre to take advantage of the oversized plate. You could tell that time and care had gone in to the plating and layering of the ingredients. The spritz of micro greens added another injection of colour and helped lift the overall look of the finished product.
- The Benedict – although on the slightly smaller side this was a mouth-watering bene that I thoroughly enjoyed.
- The Eggs – the eggs were runny, warm and perfectly poached.
- The Bacon – was cooked perfectly and had a subtle smokiness to it with a hint of saltiness.
- The Hollandaise – the in-house sauce was the highlight of the dish. It full, rich flavour tantalised the tastebuds.
- The Muffins – were okay but nothing special.
Would We Go Again?
Yes. There was a huge menu, friendly staff and a great atmosphere.
Style: 6/10 – Classic.
Taste: 8/10 – the meal tasted incredible.
Originality: 4/10 – There was only the traditional bene option on offer.
Value: 6/10 – Unfortunately I never noted down the prices and cannot find the breakfast menu online. From memory the prices for breakfast were around the $20 mark.
Eggs: 6/10 – the eggs were great.
Overall score: 6/10