Windfarm Cafe – https://www.facebook.com/windfarmwoodville/
Reviewed by Karen – March 2018
There was quite a bit of indoor seating and there was loads of outdoor, comfortable seating. There was lots of cabinet food to chose from, pizzas, salads and vegetarian options. There are two ‘typical’ Bene options to chose from. The Benedict (with bacon) and the Florentine (with spinach). You could also order just eggs with muffins or eggs with mushrooms. Sides range from $2 to $4. The atmosphere feels like a country cafe.
The staff seemed really friendly. Our meals came out in pretty good time.
The meal was hot and the food was wholesome but the plating was underwhelming and let this dish down a wee bit. Overall, it looked okay, but nothing appealing enough to be to up-sell for this review.
- The Benedict – the meal was rather plain, but still tasted okay.
- The Eggs – eggs were runny and warm. They looked small though
- The Bacon – the bacon was tasty but it was a rather small portion.
- The Hashbrown – was crispy and crunchy.
- The Hollandaise – was plentiful and splotched generously over the eggs.
- The Muffins – were okay but nothing special.
Would We Go Again?
For the price yes, but we would try and look further afield mainly to expand our Bene experience portfolio.
Style: 5/10 – Classic.
Taste: 5/10 – the meals were plain, but nice.
Originality: 6/10 – it was great that you could just order the eggs in case you didn’t feel like a full-on bene.
Value: 10/10 – the Benes were extremely cheap. The plain bene with eggs and muffins was $8, with mushrooms was $10, with spinach was $10 or with bacon was $13. The sides ranged from $2 to $4 which is pretty good.
Overall score: 5/10
71 Vogel Street, Woodville