Arrosta – http://arrostacoffee.co.nz/Cafe/
Reviewed by Karen – February 2018
Arrosta cafe is modern, fresh and new and aimed at a corporate market due to its location and potential clientele. This makes it not the cheapest but but no means the most expensive Bene. They have gluten-free, free-range and vegetarian options. They offer three bene options. The Benedict (bacon); Florentine (wilted spinach greens); and the Montreal (salmon). The sides are really reasonably priced and range from $2 to $4.
The service was okay.
The plate was elegantly presented with greenery and a flower garnish.
- The Benedict – overall the flavour, design and presentation of this dish ticked all the boxes for me.
- The Eggs – the free-range eggs were runny and warm.
- The Bacon – the crispy bacon was smokey and cooked perfectly.
- The Hash nuggets – the delicate wee home made nuggets were crunchy and to die for!
- The Spinach – was okay and for $2 extra it seemed quite a reasonable extra.
- The Hollandaise – was home-made with its own unique herb flavour (dill and chive).
- The Bread – the ciabatta was not hard or crunchy.
Would We Go Again?
I would come back just to taste those decadent wee hash nuggets. Additionally the Arosta coffee is great so I would definitely return here.
Style: 7/10 – Classic
Taste: 9/10 – the combination of flavours and textures were spot on.
Originality: 5/10 – nothing out of the ordinary except for the herby tones in the hollandaise.
Value: 4/10 – The benes start at $18 and go through to $24.50. To substitute for gluten-free costs $5 more.
Eggs: 7/10 – they were good.
Overall score: 8/10
FMG building at 292 Church St, Palmerston North,