Simply Balmy – http://www.simplybalmy.co.nz/
Reviewed by Karen – July 2014
You can dine inside or out. It’s in a great location. The menu is varied and it caters for gluten intolerant people and vegetarian’s. Whilst there is not a separate kid’s menu you can order something g for your little ones such as a bowl of fries or even a banana split.
The service was friendly and speedy.
Overall the presentation was really, really average. This did not seem like a professionally made ensemble….I did wonder whether I could have made this dish better just at home.
- The Benedict – was okay.
- The Bacon – was actually processed ham so no fat but it didn’t seem like real bacon.
- The Muffins – were average.
- The Tomato – I enjoyed the tomato. It was browned and warm and delicious.
- The eggs – were bordering on being overcooked, a Bene fan’s worst nightmare.
- The Hollandaise – was good, it was a lemon hollandaise….it was good but did not seem home made.
- The Hash Brown – was the highlight and came as part of the order.
Would we go again?
Would give the place another visit but would not order the bene, disappointing for a bene fan! Sad to say this visit was somewhat disappointing.
Style: Classic 5/10. No greenery on the plate which made it seem a bit bland.
Taste: 4/10. Have eaten here before and was thrilled, but that was a few years ago.
Originality: 4/10 – You could get the Bene or the Montreal.
Value: 9/10 The two options are the Benedict which is $16, or the Montreal/Florentine (Spinach and Salmon).
Eggs: (how good they were): 4/10. Almost overcooked. And realisatically I probably could have cooked them better (and I am not that flash at poaching eggs).
Overall score: 4/10
52 Signal Street, Foxton Beach.